Rural Women Business Owners need networking!
I had an “ah-ha” moment several weeks ago when I was talking to a local service provider — whose identity I’m keeping secret because (a) it doesn’t matter to the story, and (b) my purpose is not to embarrass anyone here!
We were talking about gift/Christmas shopping. She was going to head to some outlet place in Mirabel. When I pointed out that she might want to check out some local gift shops in our little town of Alexandria, she admitted she’d never set foot in Town & Country (@Glengarrys.Florist) or @leftnwritepaperie or the @PriestsMillArtsCentre or @Dragonflywithme. Any of these lovely, women-owned/operated shops have wonderful, original gifts, at nowhere near the price some big town places charge!
That just reinforced my goal to organize local networking events for Business Sisters! So we can start to know each other more, doing more business together, and nurture our entrepreneurial ecosystem.
We have six networking events planned for the next year, and we are SO THANKFUL that once again our wonderful friends at Desjardins have partnered with us.
Events are scheduled on Tuesdays, and all are from 5 to 7 pm. We will be patronizing women-owned businesses in each location! To help us plan better, you must purchase advance tickets, which include one beverage and appetizers:
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 5-7 pm: La Buvette du Marché, 17 Main Street North, Alexandria. Click HERE for tickets.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, Plantagenet. Location TBA
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020, Lancaster. Location TBA
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020, Casselman. Location TBA
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020, Moose Creek/Avonmore Location TBA
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020, Vankleek Hill Location TBA
Interested in helping out or hosting an event at your location? Reach out at email@example.com.